Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy Saturday!

I'm excited to present a necklace that I've dubbed the 'Droplet and Bar Necklace'. It's actually a design that I made probably over a year ago. I loved it so much that I decided to keep it for myself. (yes- that happens sometimes. job perk...) At first I thought that other people might not love it the way I did, because it's rather unusual and the gold bars shift in shape while you wear it. Something that I absolutely enjoy. One minute it's laying out like a clover and I feel like queen, the next the bars have flipped around and I feel all interesting and mysterious, like my necklace is an enigma. Anywho- I figured who was I to decide what people might and might not like? If I love wearing it so much, why not put it out there for others to have too??





I decided to go big and offer two colors. My original is a deep burnt orange. I struggled to find the same shade in the correct pear shape, but finally succeeded with these orange agate beads. While I was searching for the orange, I came across a pink aventurine- same shape and size, and I thought how pretty the pink and gold would be! So here we have it. A brand new Etsy listing as of today, offered in pink and orange! So you can pick your favorite... or.... you can choose to love them both!


I also thought you might like a peek at my process of putting them together, so I've taken advantage of this gorgeous Georgia day, opened my windows to a perfect breeze, enjoyed the sun streaming in, and taken some time to snap some pictures along the way!



The necessary supplies...
Isn't this shade of orange lovely? 



Coming together...

Hecho!

(hecho = done)

I still need to seal the knots so they won't fray. Otherwise, these guys are ready to go! You can purchase one of your own here.

Oops, look, they're shape shifting....





Have a fabulous Saturday!

Oh and here's a shot of me wearing my original :)










No comments:

Post a Comment