Saturday, June 9, 2012

I've always enjoyed eclectic and foreign findings. I love unusual shapes and designs, and moreover anything natural and organic. I especially find that I am drawn toward anything that makes me think of a rainforest, elephants, winding rivers, and exotic birds.

Here's something I just came across recently on Novica. Did you know that Elephants like to paint? I certainly didn't, but I'm a fan of Jojo's color choices.

Elephant Painting- Feisty
Ten Thousand Villages is a fair trade retailer with a great selection of items from locations around the world. This little guy was made by an artist in Pakistan. I enjoy hearing about the stories and people behind their items.

Standing Strong Baby Elephant


I found this photo and info via oh, hello friend: you are loved. The photo is from Vogue, June 2007. Info via Annansi Chronicles.



Blue Yellow Naped-Amazon via Lima's Exotic Birds


I'm inspired. I want to go put on a necklace like this Burgundy Tie Necklace made in India, from Ten Thousand Villages





 Could a wall decal such as the one below make a home feel more earthy? I'm leaning toward yes.

Via Wall Decal Depot on Etsy


A touch of blue glass might also do well, like this pitcher and glasses from Anthropologie.   


This Carnival Stripe Bolster Pillow from World Market would fit in well.


Top things off with a splash of amazing blue green floor rug, and you may end up with a genuine rainforest feel to your home.


Green Hand-Knotted Medallion Rug, World Market




Photo by Jet Guer, found via Planetsave


No comments:

Post a Comment