Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Today I have something exciting to tell you. Maiedae has finished creating a logo for A Cranberry Day! Isn't it great?




I just love it. Thank you Jenny! I suddenly feel much more cohesive.


On another note, my husband and I are in the process of buying our first home! I'm grateful that we haven't had a difficult time of it, as I've been hearing that a lot of people out there right now have tried for 2-3 houses before their offer was accepted. We were actually accepted on the first house we found that we both loved, and put in a formal offer on. We had only seriously been looking for about 3-4 weeks before finding our to be home! So for anyone out there struggling to find your house, be encouraged, it can happen just like that.

I've been so overwhelmed by the perspectives of all the wondrous things I can do in the house, that it's been really hard to focus on any one particular thing. I'm jumping from counter tops, to paint color, to different flooring, to changing out the door knobs. One of my problems in life is that when it comes to my home, I have a perfectionist side that comes striding forward like an arrogant stranger. Being that this house is more than four times larger than our current snuggly one bedroom living space, I'm going to have to find a way to tell myself that it's a process, that I have time to make decisions and I don't have to rush through everything all at once. I'll need mental support people (Andrea).

 Here are some things I've been finding.

Quartz Counter Tops!  Quartz Atlanta

 
Wall Stencils by Cutting Edge Stencils
 I'm thinking I'll go for stencils over wallpaper. Surely someday I'll want to change it, and stripping wallpaper is not supposed to be a fun way to spend a Saturday, or two, or three.



 If however I did go for wallpaper, this design by Abigail Edwards has me thoroughly won over. I love how the swan blends in with the curvy waves.


Found via Parlour,

Here's some work that I haven't been able to get out of my head since I first saw it. Christopher Marley of The Pheromone Gallery is responsible for this unique mineral experience. I think it would go well in my living room, or maybe even the dining room.



Anthropologie

Lighting by Ada & Darcey


It's fun to think about it all, I just have to keep my inspiration at bay. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment